Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 5 Reflections

During the course of Research for Teachers (EDLD5301) I have been challenged to learn things that were very new to me, such as completing an Action Research Plan. This was a challenge because I have always been on the other end of research and implementation of new educational tools. I have been the one that has been asked the questions or used to see how a new program or curriculum would work but I have never been on the end of actually trying to research and implement something especially of this magnitude.

There are a lot of things to consider and be aware of when completing research it is not something that you can take lightly or put on the back burner and work on for a short time. In order to get great results you will have to work on it a little each day constantly doing research on the web, talking to people and looking for ways to make your research better. Great research with a completed plan that will give people a clear understanding on what brought you to do the research in the first place, what works and what doesn't work, and also including personal experiences that will help understand why your plan needs to be reviewed and implemented in every aspect of education.

I thank all of my colleagues along with Dr. Abshire for all their help in forming an effective action research plan. During this time we as a group have tried to help each other the best we could and along the way we have actually been a help to someone. I wish everyone great success during their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment