Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reflections

In reflecting on my campus-supervised Internship activities I would have to say that things are moving along a little slow. The center where I was working on some of my activities got the new that we were closing in Dec. 2011 and we spent the last 6 months preparing to close down. Therefore I was unable to get a lot of the things completed that I wanted to during that time. I am going to estimate that I have completed between 40-67 hours, I say that because I have several documents that are conflicting with the internship hours. I have been keeping up with the competencies on the tracking roadmap, not sure if this is an updated one but it was downloaded in April and the only class I see on it so far is 5301 which was completed March 18 & 25, 2012. These competencies consist of action research plan, and class blueprint.

During this time I have learned that it is very important to complete the research needed in order to implement technology and the most important thing is to stay updated on new technology because there is always room to grow. Studying the Long Range Plan for technology, TEKS, Campus Plans and becoming more familiar with Goals for technology within my district have really been beneficial and informative. These things will help me to become a better and informed educator.

Action Research plan is coming along slowly, but I am currently working on surveys, questionnaires, and analysis spreadsheets. I will be conducting the surveys and questionnaires when school reopens in August 2012. I wouldn’t do anything differently; however, I will be making some changes with the steps used to complete my plan. One of those changes will most likely be using a storyboard instead of a social network, there are several steps remaining that require completion by students and teachers such as surveys and questionnaires. I believe changing to a storyboard will best benefit the students on campus and it will show administrators the importance of using technology to its full advantage to help students reach their full potential for the working world.

No comments:

Post a Comment